To avoid additional charges and additional time…
- Artwork must be submitted at actual size of finished product.
- All fonts must be converted to outlines/paths.
- All placed/linked images must be embedded or included separately.
- All images must include the required bleed if necessary.
- A color copy or jpg indicating cut should be submitted for reference.
- All spot colors should be specifically identified. Include white if necessary.
- Cut/Die line should always be clearly indicated with an unused spot color.
Methods for Submitting Artwork
PREFERRED: USING OUR FILE UPLOAD FORM
Files under 10MB can be emailed to graphics(@)farrell-label.com
- Include a jpg or PDF for reference
- Convert all fonts to paths/outlines
- Include or embed all placed images
- Submit artwork at actual size
- Identify all spot colors
- Allow for bleed if necessary
- Submit the original file if possible
- Never flatten/merge the layers of a .psd
- Indicate the cut/die line clearly
Why are Word, Excel and Publisher files not recommended?
Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and Publisher do not produce PostScript code. The printing industry is based on a PostScript workflow, so we must convert the files to an acceptable program such as Illustrator or PDF. Often times when the file is converted, text or graphics can be lost.
Most MS file programs do not support the level of resolution required for high quality printing. Low resolution can cause your images to appear “fuzzy” and/or jagged looking.
We can convert these files, but it usually requires quite a bit of work, time and cost to do so.